I’m aware already this seems very difficult if not impossible but I’m ready to compromise.
Current system is far from satisfactory and needs to be greatly improved.
- Scope of workflow: Quality department,
- Current situation: paper, paper and … paper.
- 1st top third of document is for description of the problem, elements identifying equipment(s) concerned, dimension of the problem, etc.
- Middle is about containment action, elements of answers and what’s to be done about the issue
- 3rd part, 3rd third of the document, at its bottom: Solution consolidated, implementation of it documentation and closure
Hence a database, at first, in order to structure the flow of data, consolidate their recording and their processing. Next move would be to emulate the flow of validation by means of signatures by several entities who take part in the process: primarily Engineering and Quality.
This is where I’m at: defining the flow, from start to finish, feeding the database and its fields which can easily produce a printable document. What poses a problem is the signature process, and its sequencing, securing, recording, etc.